Thursday, January 30, 2014

Review: Drink Chia Lemon Blueberry



Drink Chia offers four flavors. I received Lemon Blueberry in my January Vegan Cuts Snack Box. The drink is best served chilled, and don't forget to shake the bottle before drinking.

Drink Chia's bottled beverages contain an interesting ingredient: whole chia seeds.

I hardly noticed the seeds at first when I was chugging it down. Toward the end of the bottle, you do get bombarded by a large amount of the gelatinous seeds, but they go with the flow thanks to their slippery coating that emerges upon soaking. 

People who are sensitive to textures in their drink may find it odd at first. Oh, and if you collect the seeds in the bottom of your mouth while you drink, check your smile later because you're bound to have some seeds stuck in your teeth. 

The lemon and blueberry flavors work well together. There was almost a lightly sweetened ice-tea flavor to it, which I particularly enjoyed. Often called a "super food," chia seeds are loaded with fiber and minerals. 

Drink Chia's beverages are geared toward active people who want a wholesome energy drink. I’ll stick to water for now, but if I ever come across this drink, I won’t hesitate to try the other flavors: Honeysuckle Pear, Strawberry Citrus, and Mango Tangerine.

Bonus: Check out Vegan Cuts for a deal on the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment