Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Review: Match Pimento-Stuffed Burger and Mushroom-Stuffed Burger


Last night for dinner I enjoyed a Match mushroom-stuffed burger that I baked in the oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. I served it atop mashed avocado, grilled green onions, and carrot slices. I added cilantro for an extra kick. Cilantro helps remove mercury from your body.



Match Premium Vegan Meat burgers are "meaty" and flavorful. As with any product, my cooked burgers didn't resemble the pictures on the bag.

When I'm craving a burger and fries, I love to reach for more "gourmet" offerings than the thin veggie burgers sold in the frozen aisle at the grocery store. The conventional offerings will fill my belly just fine, but if I'm famished and want a hearty meal, these burgers from Match will have me patting my stomach before dozing off on the couch. 

Previously, I reviewed Match's Mediterranean Stuffed Vegan Chicken, and I was impressed with the texture and bold flavors. After tasting these two burgers, I still rate the stuffed chicken as first, followed by the mushroom burger, and then the pimento burger.


The gooey, "cheesy" center of the pimento-stuffed burger.


Although the pimento-stuffed burger (at top) has a center that looks moister and nice and cheesy, the flavors were dull when compared to the well-seasoned filling of the mushroom-filled burger (pictured above in between two pieces of bread).

Both burgers were very filling and had a great texture -- tender, yet chewy like meat. But the pimento burger fell flatter in the flavor department. It was as if someone forgot to season the burger or was just relying on the creamy center to provide all the taste (which it didn't). Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad burger, but if you have the opportunity to buy the stuffed chicken or the mushroom-stuffed burger, go with either of those offerings.

The mushroom-stuffed burger had a beautiful earthy flavor from the well-seasoned mushrooms. I enjoyed every bite of this burger. It held it's own against sandwich spreads and toppings, such as vegan cheese and raw onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment